Top 5 Tips to Get the Best Out of Your Session Players
Challenges of all types are all around nowadays and people must face them daily. The challenges being faced come in an array of variations in difficulty. Take the subject of getting the best out of your session player for instance. Many thousands of people have trouble with that challenge, with mixed results. So how does one locate a path through all this to find methods that actually work?
Understanding will be the response. Doing practically anything is simple when you’re conscious of the way to. Anything is simpler to perform if you are well-informed when it comes to it. In the same way, the key to getting great results with managing your session player is much more know-how about what works and about how, and why it works.
Read on to improve your understanding on this subject.
Listed below are 5 effective tips for getting the best out of your session player and still be awesome:
1. Provide quality scratch tracks. Why is this important? Well, of course it’s not about the sound quality (although better sound quality is a plus), but more about keeping everything in time. So create a habit of recording everything to a click track. What happens when you adhere to these suggestions? You’ll definitely be of great help for the session player, as he won’t have to guess the timing. So make this a top priority – keep your timing in check.
2. Express your wishes expressively. Which is important because if you don’t express yourself, you’re allowing the session player to come up with something on the spot. If you want the song to sound a particular way, then go the full extent to show him/her how you want it.
3. Supervise the recording process. The main reason behind that is that you do want to know what the musician is doing with your precious song, even though you’re outsourcing the recording. It’s also a very good idea because it’s your life’s work and money that you’re putting into the project. So it’s natural you want control over it. There are different solutions that can aid in such situations, like Skype or iChat.
4. Listen and re-listen to the recording. And just exactly why is this a good idea? It’s good because you don’t want to be hasty and just approve everything in the heat of the moment. I know you’re excited, you’ve got your drum tracks recorded and you’re loving it. Listen to it a few times and then let it rest. After a while listen to it again and see if it still sounds as good as the first time you listened to it. You’d be surprised.. Are there more reasons? Sometimes we just get too used to the song and stop perceiving the little nuances that we would otherwise perceive if we had fresh ears. So this is definitely an important step..
5. Never settle for less. And this is very important why? Well, because you want perfection, right? You want the song to sound just the way you want it to. You don’t want sloppiness.. What are the additional reasons? If you want to be a professional musician, then you can’t settle for less than you bargained for. You deserve the best quality and by making sure the final mix is to your liking, you’ll definitely be on a positive path to success.
Just carefully stick to the 5 tips above and you may expect great results in getting the best out of your session player and recordings. You’ll then enjoy all of the fruits, joys and benefits thereof. If you happen to ignore these 5 tips, prepare for much worse results and concurrently lower benefits.