Promote Your Music Online – Top 5 Ways to Get an Online Fan Base
One of the popular ways to sell your music or land in a record deal these days is to use the power of the internet. In fact, a lot of budding artists, singers and musicians are promoting their stuff online just to get noticed, create a fan base and of course, land on a record deal that is probably the ultimate goal of singers and artists.
If you want to start to promote your music online, there are actually a lot of ways to do it. However, it is important that you have to be ready and well-prepared for everything. Keep in mind that even if you are starting online or in your own little ways, it is important that you have to think big. Don’t just think about what you can offer but think about what record labels are looking for and think about what can make you get a good fan base even on the internet.
Here are seven of the things that you may want to start with if you want to promote your music online.
1. Build up your image and make sure you have a total package that is marketable in these times. You may want to check out your style, make it different from what is already in the music industry. Keep in mind that fans and record labels are not looking for someone who can sing like the already-famous singers but they are often on the look of someone that has something unique to offer and someone who can actually outdo those who are already in the music industry. With this in mind, make sure that you just don’t have the talent. You should also have that marketable image.
2. Create a website. One of the things that you can start with is to have your own website that will allow you to introduce yourself to people online. Put everything you have to promote in your site – your music, your gigs, your style of music. Promote your site as well. This will be your first steps in getting a good internet fan base.
3. Go to YouTube, Facebook and other social networking sites and use them to your advantage. YouTube and other sites that hosts videos are very good avenues to post your demo videos. Of course, even if you are making a home video, make sure it is also presentable, of good quality and something that can also stand out from the rest of the people who are also trying to pitch their songs online.
4. Find music directories online and submit your videos or your website link. If you want to promote your music online and eventually get a recording contract or get in touch with record producers, then go to music directories to be discovered. The nearer you are to the people in the music industry, the better are your chances of getting discovered.
5. Sell your CDs online. There are websites online that allows independent artists and musicians to sell their own music. If you want to make money also online, then this can be a good start. But of course, it helps a lot to create a fan base and introduce yourself first to the online population if you want to make a good sale and exposure of your music as well.