An Overview of the Sager NP7280 Gaming Laptop
The Sager NP7280 is as much a desktop that folds as it is a laptop. It comes standard with a requirement for a 300w PSU, weighs almost 12 pounds, SLI, the capability for a six core i7 processor, a three channel DDR3 with as much as 12 Gigabyte, 193/24 bit kilohertz capability, and a modified x58 motherboard. It is a person who works at a workstation working on math based problem that need multi threading and multi coring capability with some degree of portability or someone who does 3D animation or designs or plays games for a living it is a dream come true. With the right headphones or speakers it is also audiophile’s dream come true.
It specifications include:
– A 3.06 Gigahertz Core i7 950 CPU made by Intel.
– 6 Gigabytes of DDR3 1333 RAM.
– 1 X 160 Gigabyte X25 m G2 SSD made by Intel.
– 2 X NVIDA GTX 460m (192 cores and 1.5 Gigabyte GDDR5 each)
– DC-RW/DVD-RW/BD-ROM Optical Drive.
– A 17 inch LED 1080p Display.
– It weighs approximately 12 pounds.
– AC Adapter Plug for a 300w PSU rear ports.
– A 7 in 1 card reader, HDMI, IEEE1393, 2-SATA, HDMI Out 2 X USB 3.0 slots, Gigabit Ethernet, a CATV jack for a TV tuner, a DVI Out, Left Side (Back to Front)..
– An AC adapter plugged in light and a battery light, and an Infrared receiver in front.
– 7.1 surround capable with a card that can handle 182 kilohertz/24 bit audio, subwoofer port, digital out, a microphone jack, a headphone jack, 3 X USB 2,0 slots, Right Side (Back to Front).
This laptop is over 16 “wide and over 2” thick and has sufficient room for a speakers, a number pad, and a full size keyboard. The trackpad is very useful because it is somewhat sunken into the keyboard and is larger than the space key. The 17 inch monitor has good definition and is blindingly clear and bright. It has a minimum amount of chrome and is finished in all black. The number pad and keyboard have the authoritative feel to them that lets you know that you have hit a key and are styled like a chiclet. The key placement is segregated which reduces the risk little airborne particles such as dust getting stuck in the keys and impeding either the game in progress or typing. There isn’t any flex anywhere in the machine and it is structurally sound. It takes some effort to flex the screen, the computer chassis won’t bend, and the wrist pad is good and stiff. In addition, the hinges on the display don’t permit it to collapse onto the body.